Salary: £24,500.00 – £32,000.00
About the Company
We are currently working with a specialist private lender with their head quarters based in south Manchester. Our client has spent the last 40 years building fantastic relationships in both the Residential and Commercial secured lending markets.
Currently employing a team of over 700 our client is still one of the most profitable businesses in the UK, and have recently been placed in the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an experienced underwriter or mandator, ideally with a background in secured lending.
The key task of the Underwriter is to assess the risk, accurately underwrite and mandate secured loan/ Mortgage applications.
On top of a generous basic salary, we offer an annual bonus and excellent benefits package.
- To professionally assess all cases from direct customers and brokers in order to make informed underwriting decisions that are in line with Company policies, procedures and lending criteria
- To accurately assess the risk on an application ensuring that the loan is affordable
- To minimise the risk to the business and the applicant with a strong focus on fraud avoidance
- To proactively manage a pipeline of cases
- To provide brokers and customers with accurate case updates at all points in the process
- To provide a high level of customer service at all stages of an application
- To ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to throughout the process
Skills & Experience:
- Previous underwriting experience within the secured lending or residential mortgage market
- Experience of dealing with brokers and third parties
- PC skills including MS Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Strong planning and problem solving skills
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.