To provide a specialist tertiary level Clinical Psychology service to both inpatients and outpatients at our client’s private hospital Rehabilitation Centre based in London. This includes working with those with acquired neurological injury (e.g., TBI, stroke, spinal cord injury) and will include working with other conditions, in particular with patients suffering from Chronic Pain and Functional Neurological Symptoms.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide specialist psychological assessment and treatment as well as neuropsychological assessment, interpretation and treatment, including cognitive rehabilitation to clients in the Acute Rehabilitation Centre and elsewhere in the hospital.
- The post will require considering the highly complex psychological, biological, developmental, interpersonal, social and cultural contexts, as well as the expressed preferences and needs of the client and their family or carers.
- To work within interdisciplinary teams in providing specialist neuropsychological assessment, diagnosis, rehabilitation, high quality behavioural interventions, comprehensive recommendations, specialist advice, consultation and education for families, as well as health and social service professionals
- To contribute to the delivery and development of clinical services for individuals with acquired neurological injury, in order to maintain, promote and re-establish independence and psychological wellbeing.
- To assess patients in Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness, severe cognitive impairment and low awareness or post traumatic amnesia and to advise the rehabilitation team on appropriate management
Skills & Experience
- HCPC Registration as a Practitioner Psychologist
- Post-graduate qualification in Clinical Psychology, Neuropsychology or equivalent
- Essential: would have experience of working within an inpatient neurorehabilitation, community or outpatient neuropsychology setting
Other Info – Please note we will be able to provide VISA sponsorships for candidates outside the EU and within the EU.
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.