Our Client is the British operation of a Berlin-based FinTech startup with a business model that the Wall Street Journal describes as: “So brilliant that customers cannot say no”. The group has received €60 million in funding from well-known investors.
Established in 2013 originally as a financial technology and marketing company, they have recently become part of a larger operation in September 2017 and have the financial backing and remit to substantially grow our operations across the UK.
Our client works with banks and other financial product providers to help them raise savings and investment deposits and acquire new customers. Achieving this through a combination of our proprietary customer acquisition technology, together with proven online product distribution techniques.
As part of their growth plans, over the coming months we will significantly expand the number of partner banks and institutions they raise deposits for. They are also launching our own online consumer savings proposition,
The Content Marketing Executive develops online and offline content that promotes our savings brand to consumers in a manner that is both engaging and consistent with our stated brand values and tone of voice. The role combines storytelling with the online distribution of content. It is part of the marketing team and reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Initially, to work with the CMO and Brand Marketing Manager to develop and hone the brand tone of voice, style and approach to attracting consumers to the new site, building on preliminary work already underway to agree target consumer segments and messaging
- Work with the Brand Marketing Manager to agree a quarterly/monthly schedule of content for the site, as well as other initiatives such as email marketing
- Develop blogs, news articles and “explainer” collateral with the objective of building and maintaining a consumer-friendly, content rich site that appeals to our target audience
- Develop consumer-facing messages and CRM material for newsletters and email marketing
- Ensure that content is SEO and SEM optimised in line with evolving best practice standards
- Assist the CMO with broader corporate PR initiatives, such as the development of press release material and contributions to financial journals
- Ensure all promotional activity is compliant with financial services marketing regulations
The role requires hands-on experience of developing engaging, targeted content for an online consumer-facing product site. As our consumer savings site is regulated by the FCA, ideally this experience will have been gained in a regulated financial product environment, such as savings products, consumer loans, insurance or similar.
- Demonstrable experience of content development and marketing for an online consumer-facing product site
- Ability to develop plans and manage content production across multiple channels, including online and offline both to time and budget
- Comfortable working within a “start-up” culture, requiring a hands-on approach with evolving requirements and a fluid working environment
- Planning, organisational and reporting skills: Forward planning of initiatives to achieve consumer acquisition targets, preparing progress reports, communicating progress against KPIs to the senior team
- Qualifications: Journalism, CIM, or marketing degree
- Good understanding of the savings sector and marketplace
- Experience in content marketing for a comparison site or similar
- Experience developing content in a regulated product environment
- Storytelling skills. Demonstrable experience of successfully developing compelling content for a consumer site.
- Communication. Ability to write and speak messages that are clear, accurate, convincing and inspiring. An appreciation of how to use different media to best effect with different audiences.
- Interpersonal skills. Great ‘people’ skills. Demonstrable ability to listen, build rapport, work collaboratively as part of a team and communicate persuasively with people of different backgrounds. Pragmatic and able to take on board the views of others.
- Creativity. The ability to adapt to new situations and address problems from new perspectives. Solution-minded in approach.
For more information please contact Sami Rose at JS3 Recruitment on 0161 212 7353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.