This role will support and deputise for the Head of Clinical Services in providing the Endoscopy service. You will provide expert care to Endoscopy patients and promote excellence in clinical practice by participation of research and audit processes.
You will support the Site Leads in the formulation and implementation of policies, guidelines and protocols, thus ensuring we are adhering to best practice guidelines. You will support the rest of the nursing team by way of mentoring and leading by example.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume accountability of autonomous practice.
- Responsible for all clinical audit within their service to ensure a safe environment for the patients.
- Support the Head of Clinical Services in delivering an effective quality service within budgetary constraints.
- To support a culture of continuous quality improvement, evaluating standards of care and leading in the implementation of changes and nursing development.
- Supporting the Site Leads and offer advice on nursing practice ensuring the endoscopy team are using current evidence based practice.
- Help support nursing research and maintain own knowledge, skills, expertise and experience.
- Supervision, teaching/mentoring of nursing assistants, arrangement of training and mandatory study days.
- Support the Site Leads in ensuring that all endoscopy staff have an annual performance review.
- Maintain a Personal Professional Portfolio in accordance with the requirements of NMC revalidation.
- To contribute to the implementation and review of Health and Safety and security procedures for the benefit of staff and patients by liaison with practice health and safety personnel.
- To contribute to the formulation of infection control policies and ensure compliance.
- To produce and maintain accurate clinical records of treatments and procedures.
- Risk assessment and health and safety.
- Maintenance and review of health promotion literature and information for patients.
- Participate and assist with endoscopic procedures.
- Liaise with other primary care and secondary care endoscopy units to ensure effective communication and share best practice, ensuring the unit operates in accordance with BSG guidelines.
- Help support the Site Leads in establishing effective communication links with other primary care practitioners within the practice and attend appropriate endoscopy meetings.
- Liaise with patient services department to organise endoscopy lists and act as a resource for urgent referrals and queries.
- To maintain the triage of endoscopy referrals and histology in a timely manner.
- To have an in-depth knowledge of JAG and able to support and teach site leads in how to maintain JAG standards across all sites.
- To support and participate in the investigation and resolution of complaints and adverse clinical incidents, ensuring appropriate action is taken to prevent recurrence.
- To participate in the submission of GRS reports.
- To manage the team including HR processes such as appraisals, 1:1s, team meetings, probation reviews and return to work interviews
- To act as the clinical lead on call on a rota basis (expected every 6-8 weeks)* *on call payment provided
- Support the Head of Clinical Services in the opening of new services
- JAG/GRS audit data
- JAG/GRS data submission
- GRS upload
- JAG accreditation support to the Head of Clinical Services
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- RGN registered
- At least 3 years working in Endoscopy
- Experience of leadership or management
- Experience of working in a team
- Experience of driving change
If you are interested in the above role, please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.