External Account Manager – Industry
£30,000 – £35,000
About The Company
We are working with a global manufacturing and Distribution specialist, offering a wide variety of pipe and tube products and services utilising their worldwide network. Specialising in the Industry and Energy Markets this organisation has spent almost 100 years successfully servicing their Customers.
Since being founded our client has now opened office across Europe, Asia, Australia and North / South America. Currently employing over 500 people our client is now looking to expand their team. This is a perfect Opportunity for an experienced Account Manager within the Metal / Steel industry to join a successful team with a winning mentality.
Main Activities / Responsibilities
- Looks for opportunities to grow the business at new and existing accounts and works to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Manages allocated list of customer & prospect accounts and delivers sales activity required to achieve best possible return.
- Determine and execute proactive visit program.
- Makes commercial budgets and periodical forecasts in close cooperation with the Sales Manager.
- Composes sound periodical reports, demonstrating performance to budgets and forecasting.
- Works closely with Internal Account Managers to achieve revenue and profit targets.
- Negotiates ongoing and new contracts with customers.
- Resolves issues with customers where necessary.
- Accepts extra duties as situations arise.
- Works efficiently and calmly to tight deadlines or other stress factors that may arise.
- Ideally educated to degree level , in Sales, Business Administration or Economics;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a commercial role, in selling technical packages of products and services, where you were in direct contact with different types of customers.
- Technical knowledge of carbon or stainless steel pipe, tube, bar and associated products used in the Industrial market sectors;
- Knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and CRM software is required;
- Proven experience in selling complex packages or projects, both products and services in an environment where making decisions is complex and the customer is not always the end user.
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.