As a permanent Specialist Physiotherapist you will lead on the delivery of the women’s health service in the Outpatient Physiotherapy Department. You will also be able to effectively manage an obstetric, gynaecological and urology outpatient case-load and provide highly specialised treatment to patients within the outpatient department.
Duties and responsibilities
- To be able to treat patients with conditions such as continence problems, pelvic floor dysfunctions, post-operative gynaecological and urological conditions, and obstetric patients
- To anticipate, assess and respond effectively to the needs of the patients, thus making excellent customer service a first priority.
- To provide thorough assessment and accurate diagnosis of patient conditions and to seek second opinion in circumstances when diagnosis may be unclear.
- To use expert clinical reasoning, critical thinking, and advanced assessment skills to assess patients with complex, acute and chronic conditions (pelvic floor dysfunction, incontinence, pain, prolapse).
- To provide highly specialised physiotherapy treatment using evidence based practice where possible.
- To lead on the development, promotion and growth of the service. This will include liaising closely with referring stakeholders, relationship managers, marketing team and other members of the MDT.
- To be responsible for ensuring clinical excellence of the service, including undertaking teaching and audit.
Skills and experience
- Be registered with the HCPC
- Member of the CSP
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- High level of experience in Women’s Health in an outpatient setting
- Post graduate qualification in Women’s Health Physiotherapy desirable
- Experience in Men’s Health is desirable
Rated as ‘outstanding’ by the CQC, or client based in Central London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre,
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.