Our client are looking for a Minor Surgery Nurse to work within 2 sites based in North Lincolnshire, to provide nursing expertise to patients who are undergoing dermatology treatment outside of the hospital setting,
- To develop and participate in providing Nurse led Minor Surgery clinics
- Support a multidisciplinary dermatology team bringing appropriate clinical services out of the hospital and into the community so patients can be treated closer to home.
- Work with Dermatology Consultants, GPwSI’s and Specialist Dermatology Nurses to provide access to consultation/treatment/dermatological diagnostics and health education for patients with dermatological problems and skin cancer.
- To plan individual treatment plans, helping to prevent unnecessary referral to secondary care
- Maintain a high standard of patient care within the Service, promoting the concept of safe practice using up to date treatment and protocols/guidelines
- To provide Phototherapy clinics (full training will be provided)
- Removal of Sutures
- To provide Phlebotomy clinics
- Develop, coordinate and participate in the ongoing education of dermatology patients and their carers to manage their symptoms and help them to overcome the psychological, social and physical aspects of their condition.
- To be fully conversant with the usage of all topical medications, their action, contraindications and guidelines for application.
- To act as a resource to provide clinical advice and support to staff within primary and secondary care and to liaise effectively to support continuity of care for patients.
Benefits include the following:
- 27-33 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Study leave
- NHS or Group Pension (dependant upon Region)
- Ongoing training and development
- Train travel discounted
- Holidays discounted
- Private Healthcare
- Medical Indemnities paid
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on 0161 763 0416 or email email@example.com
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.