Other Info – We will be able to provide VISA sponsorships for those within the EU and outside the EU.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious Nuclear Medicine Technologist/Radiographer with a proven record in Nuclear Medicine and PETCT imaging to lead our fast paced and forward-looking Molecular Imaging department, The department
incorporates all aspects of oncological and non-oncological radioisotope imaging as well as radioisotope therapy. The department has 1 digital PET/CT scanner and 1 SPECT/CT gamma-camera and offers diagnostic molecular imaging tests to both adult and paediatric patients.
As a Molecular Imaging Superintendent, you will be responsible for providing first point of call management and clinical leadership, operating in accordance with local policies. In addition to your supervisory duties, you will work clinically as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist/Radiographer and complete both Nuclear Medicine and PETCT scans. You will be expected to have a very strong technical knowledge as you will play a very active role on the training of new technologists/radiographers and implementation of new clinical procedures.
The right candidate will be an inspirational leader who is resilient and passionate about patient care, staff and service development. You will have a positive attitude, be a strong team player attitude and desire to exceed expectations. A degree of flexibility and adaptability to support the service needs will be expected.
- To skilful perform a wide range of PET/CT and Nuclear Medicine procedures to a high standard.
- To comply with legislative and hospital policies & procedures to ensure patient safety, in particular Radiation Protection, ARSAC and Infection Control
- To maintain a high standard of patient care through good clinical practice
- To help support the training and professional grow of Nuclear Medicine Technologists/Radiographers
- To lead on the implementation of new policies within the department and monitor their effectiveness
- To initiate and support departmental audits in accordance with clinical governance policies
- To work collaboratively with the Deputy Manager, bookings team and Nuclear Medicine consultant to develop the service
- To take ownership of governance activities, such as audits, internal CPD and patient experience
- To be involved in the recruitment of new clinical staff members
- To assist with workforce planning and arrange rotas for clinical staff when required
Skills & Experience
- BSc Nuclear Medicine, Radiography or equivalent
- Valid RCT/HCPC registration
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience
- Extensive experience in Nuclear Medicine and PETCT scanning
- Previous experience as a Radiation Protection Supervisor (unsealed sources)
- Aptitude towards improving quality
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.