This is your opportunity to become a vital part of the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, specialists in complex care.
Are you an experienced Occupational Health Advisor looking to advance their career and work in a
thriving and supportive workplace? Do you have experience in a corporate setting?
We have a brilliant opportunity for an Occupational Health Advisor to join our client’s team at a corporate client site.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Carry out occupational health assessments and mental health evaluation/stress risk assessments of individuals in relation to their work environment and provide advice to client on any required adjustments to the workplace or role
- Provide guidance, within the confines of medical confidentiality, regarding any underlying health issues that could be significant in their management of persistent or intermittent short-term sickness absence cases.
- Undertake pre-placement assessment in accordance with client needs and advise/escalate accordingly
- Advice regarding issues relating to the Equalities Act and Health & Safety legislation were appropriate
- Facilitate the safe rehabilitation and resettlement of employees returning from absences. This will include verbal or written communication with external agencies with appropriate regard to medical confidentiality e.g., General Practitioners and Specialists.
- Facilitate referrals/signposting as appropriate to suitable primary health/EAP/client wellbeing or other counselling services whilst maintaining a personal current knowledge of outside agencies and their services to ensure any guidance offered remains valid
- Create and maintain high quality OH records and ensure their secure and confidential custody in accordance with NMC guidelines. All practices and standards of conduct are to comply with the professional governing body of the NMC
- Liaison with the Client Relationship Manager, any Lead Clinicians on the contract on a regular basis to ensure consistent procedural and clinical standards and requirements are met
Ideally, we are looking for someone with
- OH Degree qualification in Occupational Health
- NMC registration
- Significant Occupational Health experience, preferable within a corporate setting
- Knowledge of the principles, tools, techniques and developments in OH sector.
- Knowledge & experience of clinical governance within an OH setting
- Previous Corporate experience is preferable
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Computer literacy
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.