This role will support the Lead nurse for outpatient services in providing safe and effective care to the patients within the clinical services. As a Registered General Nurse (RGN) you will provide expert advice to the clinical teams and promote excellence in clinical practice by participation of staff training, research, audit processes and taking charge of the outpatient in the absence of the Lead Nurse.
Working in a multidisciplinary manner you will support the Clinicians and Consultants, Nurses and HCAs in formulation and implementation of policies, guidelines and protocols, providing training to staff thus ensuring we are adhering to best practice guidelines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The post holder will be responsible for supporting all services within the clinical setting. This may involve services such as ENT, Ophthalmology, Endoscopy, Tongue tie, Phlebotomy and any other new services which may be introduced in the future.
- The role of the post holder within the service will included medication management, specimen sampling, supporting clinicians within a variety of services.
- The post holder will contribute to the smooth and efficient running of all services and help to develop, monitor and evaluate good clinical practice.
- The role will include working closely with a variety of clinical staff members to include GP’s, Audiology Services, Radiographers, Sonographers, Endoscopists and Consultants to improve the level and quality of services within and across all clinical services
- To support the Lead outpatient Nurse in the development and implementation of all relevant SOPs and Policies in line with best practise.
- To provide and support education to other professionals.
- The Post holder be required at times to support other services ie Endoscopy, Radiology as part of their outpatients role if staffing levels/ service needs require.
- To provide support in the triage of referrals to clinical services
- To deliver outpatient services within our clinic as well as primary care settings, to improve accessibility for patients and reduce unnecessary hospital attendance improving patient communication and care pathway.
- Deliver nurse led clinics, to undertake assessments, care planning and clinical management plans for those patients who meet the referral criteria.
- Advise patients on preventative measures with health issues which may impact on their care.
- Provide nurse led skin prick testing clinic alongside the delivery of training and ongoing support for HCAs in this area.
- Provide specialist knowledge to other healthcare professionals, GP’s, nurse practitioners, practice nurses, district nurses, nursing and residential homes.
- To act as the lead for Infection control.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Essential NMC registered nurse
- Essential previous managerial experience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Basic IT skills and ability to work with online programmes such as SystmOne
- Good time/resource management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of NHS recruitment and selection
- Willing to work towards ENT Nurse Specialism
If you are interested in the above role, please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.