Other Information – We will be able to sponsor Visa’s for candidates within the EU as well as non – EU countries.
The post holder will be required to perform a wide range of CT and PET/CT procedures to a high standard. The post will have direct line management responsibilities and will be expected to implement service developments within the department. The post holder will also be expected to maintain a high quality and cost-effective PET/CT & CT service with a particular emphasis on patient needs. Training in PET/CT will be provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Skilfully provide accurate PET/CT & DCT imaging services.
- To act as an Operator under IR(ME)R17.
- To support departmental audits in accordance with clinical governance policies.
- Comply with legislative and hospital policies and procedure, ensuring patient safety particularly relating to Radiation Protection for adult patients.
- To implement new policies within the department and monitor their effectiveness and assist the Deputy Molecular Imaging Manager with the implementation of all aspects of the clinical governance programme.
- To encourage the highest professional and technical standards in all staff by personal example and constructive supervision.
- To provide operational management for the delivery of dCT and PET/CT services and assist with workforce planning.
- To manage staff annual leave and participate in sickness and performance management as necessary.
- To assist in formulating and achieving the strategic objectives of the department alongside the Deputy Molecular Imaging Manager and Clinical Head of Department.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to maximise clinical efficiency
- To be willing to adopt a flexible approach to working hours if required.
- To maintain a high standard of patient care through good clinical practice.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Radiography
- HCPC registration
- Extensive experience in CT (essential)
- Previous experience in PET/CT (desirable)
- Previous supervisory and/or management experience (essential)
- Previous Radiation Protection Supervisor experience (desirable)
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.