The successful post holder will assist and deputise for the Radiotherapy Manager.
- To have day to day responsibility for the supervision of the treatment radiotherapists.
- To work as a senior member of the radiotherapy team responsible for maintaining and developing the radiotherapy service.
- To lead in Development within our radiotherapy department
- To identify future treatment improvements and developments for the benefit of the patient and the radiotherapy service provided.
- Provide technical leadership and supervision of the introduction of new techniques and technologies in radiation oncology.
- Facilitate the provision of progressive radiation oncology techniques, providing an evidence based, patient-centred approach.
- Work collaboratively with Clinical Oncologists and other healthcare professionals across sites to ensure the quality, design and successful implementation of research and development projects/programs are observed.
- Support the Radiation Oncology Service Manager to maximize potential of current resources and identify and provide business cases for future investments.
Skills and Experience
- BSc in Therapeutic Radiography or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Experience at Superintendent level (preferred)
- Membership of the Society of Radiographers (desirable)
- Experience in Audits
- Awareness of national cancer agendas
- Wide range of professional expertise, gained on a variety of equipment and including up to date technique
- Comprehensive knowledge of electronic patient management systems and record and verify systems
If you are interested in the above role, please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.