We are looking for a Recovery / Support Worker to work within a Mental Health residential unit based in Greater Manchester on a temp to perm. The Recovery / Support Worker will work as part of a team to be responsible for the management of an allocated caseload of service users with complex and mental health needs, giving all the assistance necessary to promote their recovery and enable them to live independently in the community.
- To develop with an allocated resident(s) a realistic personal care plan that is reviewed systematically in line with agreed objectives.
- Contribute with the staff team to the development and maintenance of a rehabilitative and supportive environment for a group of people with severe mental health problems who exhibit challenging behaviour.
- Contribute to a system that enables and empowers each resident to contribute to the service and that promotes his/her capacity to independence within and outside it.
- Undertake domestic/household duties as required, ensuring the physical environment is maintained to the highest standard.
Skills and Experience
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care with at least 6 months experience working within a mental health setting
- A good understanding of mental health issues and how they affect the client group
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and demonstrate an understanding of sensitive and complex issues
- Able to motivate, support and advocate for Service Users
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Wendy Wilders
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.