Our client is looking for a Senior 2 Occupational Therapist to join their team to manage a defined caseload of clients with complex needs.
The successful post holder will have the flexibility and autonomy to work in a variety of service areas including but not limited to the intensive care units, cardiac, orthopaedic, neurosurgical and medical wards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To independently manage a defined caseload of complex cases across diagnostic client mixes.
- To provide participate in the handover and allocation process on daily basis
- To perform occupational analysis and risk evaluations leading to the formulation of sound discharge plans.
- To use reasoning, communication, and negotiation skills to establish a therapeutic relationship in complex cases, managing barriers to communication.
- To maintain accurate and timely documentation consistent with legal and organisational requirements
- To be responsible for the formulation, development and implementation of departmental initiatives that promote time efficiency and quality patient care.
- Lead multidisciplinary initiatives.
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including but not limited to the management of patients in your care, funding authorisations, billing and team liaisons.
- To undertake other duties as the request of the Head of Acute Therapy services.
- To ensure patients and carers are involved in development of client centred goals.
- To identify individual training needs to ensure high levels of professionalism an clinical skills.
Skills & Experience
- Current registered member of Health Professions Council (HPC)
- BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (or equivalent)
- Experience in working in areas including but not limited to the intensive care units, cardiac, orthopaedic, neurosurgical and medical wards.
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.