The successful post holder will provide specialist clinical knowledge and skills in a broad range of non-invasive cardiac physiological investigations and deliver expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment in the Cardiology Outpatient Department.
Echocardiography support to the Institute of Sport, Exercise and Health (ISEH) sports cardiology programme. Patients include healthy elite athletes undertaking pre-competition medical assessment (Premiership football clubs and Olympic sports) and athletes with diagnosed inherited heart conditions. Examination may occur at ISEH or at the football clubs training ground
Support with pre-signing medical assessments for professional footballers and VIPs (flexibility is required due to the time sensitive nature of requests)
Other Info – We will be able to provide VISA sponsorships for those within the EU.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be technically proficient in all non-invasive cardiology procedures and develop a strategy and be responsible for the delivery of core specialist training to meet the training requirements of cardiac physiology staff
- Follow departmental guidelines and protocols for each procedure relevant to the post ensuring quality control and reporting methods.
- Analyse and interpret real time results, which may be complex and either urgent or routine in nature, and to communicate these findings to other relevant team members and cardiologist.
- Monitor and respond to changes in the patients’ clinical status in fields of technical cardiology
- Act autonomously to deliver appropriate and individualised patient care at all times e.g. Anticipating the need for further investigations on the basis of findings from an ECG or Holter monitoring.
- Provide technical cover to all areas of the technical service, within boundaries of personal competencies, as needs of department dictate including flexible working hours and on call commitment.
- Prepare equipment ensuring daily checks and calibration is carried out on all cardiac investigation’s equipment used in the cardiology department carrying out day to day troubleshooting.
- Investigate any identified or reported electro-medical equipment faults and resolves issues directly or passes onto biomedical engineering department or external technical support.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant professional qualification with the RCCP (Registered Clinical Physiologist)
- Must have BSE (British Society of Echocardiography) accreditation or equivalent
- Interest in research and Audit
- Demonstrate commitment to seamless and consistent high-quality care and services
- Extensive experience as a Senior Cardiac Physiologist
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.