Our client is looking for a Senior Clinical Physiologist in Cardiology to join their team for an exciting new opportunity. The successful post holder will provide highly specialist clinical knowledge and skills in echocardiography and non-invasive cardiac physiological investigations and deliver expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment in the outpatient diagnostic centre.
You will also be responsible for carrying out all administrative duties pertaining to all cardiac investigations carried out at the cardiology department as required and report to the Principal Cardiac Physiologist and Cardiology Department Manager.
Other Info: Please note we are able to offer VISA sponsorships for candidates within the EU and outside the EU for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate highly developed knowledge and skills in a broad range of cardiological investigations especially Echocardiography
- Perform a wide range of standard and complex or advanced procedures as requested by the clinician in at least two fields of Technical Cardiology eg. Catheter Lab, Pacing, EP, Echo, Stress testing and ambulatory monitoring and be involved in patient preparation for these tests.
- Follow departmental guidelines and protocols for each procedure relevant to the post ensuring quality control regarding e.g. imaging quality in Echo, reporting methods, pacemaker reprogramming, ECG recordings.
- Analyse and interpret real time results, which may be complex and either urgent or routine in nature, and to communicate these findings to other relevant team members and cardiologist.
- Respond to emergencies and carry out emergency defibrillation, resuscitation, temporary external or intracardiac pacing.
- Act autonomously to deliver appropriate and individualised patient care at all times e.g. Anticipating the need for further investigations on the basis of findings from an echocardiogram or stress test, interrogating complex diagnostic data from pacemakers and ICDs carry out reprogramming to optimise pacing/therapeutic functions and clinical outcome.
Skills & Experience
- Registered/accredited by the RCCP, IBHRE and/or BHRS, BSE or European Cardiovascular
- Imaging Accreditation would be desirable or working towards the accreditation
- Substantial post qualification experience of working within a cardiology unit
- Have extensive experience in pacemaker and defibrillator implant and follow-up and cardiac interventional procedures and/or non-invasive cardiology tests
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.