Senior Operations Manager
£50,000 – £70,000 + Bonus + Relocations + Benefits
Our Client is a global leader in their field. They design and manufacture some of the most unique, elegant, high value products in the world and have a global reputation for delivering excellence and innovation to their loyal customer base.
For many years, our client has been at the forefront of pioneering new technologies and production methods. Due to a period of unprecedented growth they are looking to recruit passionate, dedicated and professional Senior Operations Managers in order to ensure that their focus on service, delivery and quality is maintained.
This opportunity is perfect for an experienced Operations Manager from a manufacturing background, who takes great pride in what their team produces. The ideal candidate will need to understand the processes involved in high value, low volume production, where significant parts of the process are hand built by crafts people. This is an industry where people put their heart, soul and skills in to producing the best possible end product and differs considerably from high volume automated manufacturing facilities.
If you do not live in the south of England but feel that your skills are what we are searching for, please get in touch with us to discuss relocation options.
Main Purpose of Role
- Deliver the end product on time, to cost & quality targets in a safe environment, ensuring that the end product is right first time, every time.
- Support the board of Directors in the delivery of improved operational performance and working methods.
- Drive the development of your team, improving their skills and ensuring retention of those skills within the business.
- Ensure that your team deliver improved performance, especially focusing on productivity per head.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Delivery of the production schedule whilst controlling productivity and overtime to achieve cost targets.
- Managing a significant maintenance budget, ensuring plant and equipment is maintained, reducing breakdowns and production delays.
- Focus on Continuous Improvement activity to improve results in all areas, utilising Six Sigma methods including monthly audits and targets.
- Develop a performance driven team, including key hiring decisions.
- Implement health and safety procedures and comply with legislation, regulations and ISO requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Experience in a low volume, high value / luxury environment would be a definite advantage. This might include sectors such as premium automotive, aerospace, luxury marine, caravans, premium construction / housebuilding or static homes to name a few.
- Strong management experience gained leading large teams in a professional, but often difficult, manufacturing operation, including staff development, appraisals etc. You will need to demonstrate the ability to work under your own initiative and solve issues as they arise.
- Experience of managing a significant budget.
- Excellent communication skills – both internally and externally.
- Good IT skills including spreadsheets and presentations as well as working knowledge of manufacturing and project management software, using those IT skills and relevant software tools to ensure schedule adherence and meet productivity targets.
- Health and Safety qualified and able to carry out risk assessments, Hazard Identification etc.
- Able to read drawings and understand their impact on the production process.
If you feel that you have the relevant background and a true passion for best in class manufacturing then we want to talk to you.
In the first instance, please send a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org together with details of your current package. Alternatively, please call us on 0161-763-0421 for a confidential conversation.
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.