The successful post holder will undertake and perform all mammography procedures including assisting with biopsies and other interventional procedures under the guidance of the Breast Radiologist. This post will require the postholder to rotate between X-Ray & Mammography.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform quality control functions related to mammography.
- Undertake all administrative duties involved with the X-Ray / Mammography service under the guidance of the Site Superintendent and Mammography Superintendent.
- Perform all X-ray examinations as required and within the scope of the IRMER regulations.
- Utilise and understand the PACS and DR/CR system.
- Be aware of the need to work at either the main Hospital department or any of the satellite departments if required.
- Participate in the rotation of Mammographers to other sites associated
- Participate in symptomatic breast clinics and assist with vacuum assisted biopsies where appropriate.
Skills & Experience
- HCPC registered
- Relevant post Graduate experience with a post DCR in mammography
- Knowledge of processes and procedures in radiography
- Knowledge of processes and procedures in mammography
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.