As the Senior Staff Nurse within the Imaging department, you will report to the Imaging Sister and will provide a customer focused high-quality nursing service to our patients and service users.
The Senior Staff Nurse will strive for and maintain the best standard of clinical standards and efficiency for our clients users at all times. The role will require rotation throughout all the imaging modalities (Interventional Radiology, CT, Ultrasound, MRI and Core Services) and throughout all the imaging sites,
You will also need to be flexible to travel to other sites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide a professional standard of excellence in nursing services for all patients.
- Become competent in all areas of Imaging Nursing, including assisting in Interventional
- Radiology cases, biopsies, imaging guided drainages and therapeutic procedures.
- Share clinical knowledge with multi-disciplinary colleagues both formally (through CPD sessions/clinical competency forms) and informally (ad hoc teaching/training opportunities).
- Participate in regular mandatory training relating to Safeguarding Vulnerable adults and children, ensuring compliance in escalation of any safeguarding concerns.
- Assist bookings clerks and Radiographers in the booking of immediate appointments.
- Form an effective working relationship with Consultants, medical, Radiographic and administrative staff within the Department and the hospital as a whole.
Skills & Experience:
- Hold a BSc (or equivalent) in Nursing and hold a current UK NMC registration meeting PREP requirement.
- Demonstrate commitment to theatre/Imaging nursing through CPD/protocol development within a radiology area.
- Have a portfolio of relevant CPD
- Post Graduate qualification within imaging or another relevant are
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.