As a Senior Staff Nurse in our clients Paediatric Intensive Care unit, you will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care for your patients; developing, implementing and evaluating holistic care plans for children. You will need to develop longstanding relationships with children and their families and promote family centred care. Working with team members across all multidiscipline. you will need to be able to communicate effectively. As a senior nurse, you will also be accountable and responsible for the nursing management of a designated area, supervising staff and acting as a role model for the team, mentoring and supervising junior members of staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Sister/Charge nurse
- Co-ordinate patient care with the multidisciplinary team
- Manage allocated resources effectively and efficiently
- Ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales
- Ensure the provision of appropriate mentors for student nurses and provide a supportive and challenging environment for students in training
- Ensure that tailored care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area.
Skills and Experience
- NMC Child Registered Nurse (RN Child / RSCN) with immediate paediatric life support
- Post Graduate experience working in a PICU setting
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues
- Teaching and mentoring experience desirable
- Completion of a PICU Course that is equivalent to 60 credits
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
- Experience of supervising and assessing students and shift leading is desirable
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.