The successful post holder will provide evidence based Dietetic assessment and intervention to inpatients within our clients acute and rehabilitation services.
This is a rotational post shared with one other Dietitian. Clinical areas covered during the course of the rotation include but not limited to surgical, oncology, cardiac, ITU, neurorehabilitation and spinal services.
VISA: Please note we will be able to provide VISA sponsorships to candidates from the EU and outside of the EU.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide an efficient and effective clinical nutrition and dietetic service for inpatients and outpatients
- To liaise with Consultants, Nursing, Catering, Pharmacy and Speech Therapy and other key health professionals with respect to provision of appropriate nutritional care for patients, including discharge planning.
- To liaise with the Catering Department regarding the provision of meals for in-patients, menu development and to monitor the quality and standards of diets provided and served.
- To actively participate in monitoring clinical effectiveness through data collection, clinical audits and quality improvement activities.
- To maintain accurate patient records and documentation and maintain statistics required to comply with Hospital and departmental standards, including billing and activity information
- To liaise and educate Medical, Nursing, Catering and Health Care Professionals on the nutritional care of patients and the role of nutrition and disease management.
Skills & Experience
- BSc Degree in Dietetics or equivalent
- Current BDA (desirable) and HCPC member (State Registration)
- Experience working within an acute setting with enteral feeding experience.
- Sound knowledge in GI surgical and oncology is necessary for this post together with a good understanding of complex feeding and discharge planning.
- Experience with parenteral nutrition would be beneficial however training will be provided as required
- The post holder will be required to see patients in our outpatient clinics as necessary
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.