We are looking for an exceptional clinical leader to join our clients Imaging leadership team. The successful post holder will undertake a major role in the management of all departmental staff, including recruitment and retention, staff appraisals, sickness management, disciplinary matters and support of staff.
They will, when necessary, act as direct line manager with responsibilities for other modalities or for the Radiology department as a whole. This role is jointly responsible for the radiology service across all Hospital sites and travel between sites will be required.
The post holder will also support Imaging Management in service planning and service development, and align themselves with the departments, and wider hospital’s goals and values.
- Ensure the highest quality of care is provided at all times and to provide an effective service as part of the day-to-day operation of the MRI department
- Carry out a full range of MRI scans to a high standard. Ensure high quality imaging is provided to our consultants and liaise with relevant radiologists in striving for image optimisation
- Oversee all aspects of safety to both patients and staff, complete and review risk assessments and local rules for MRI. Lead on the observation and compliance of safety checks, procedures, and policies to ensure a safe imaging environment. Assist in the reporting and investigation of incidents
- Line management responsibilities for MRI radiographers/ cross sectional radiographers
- Provide emotional and professional support to staff
- Be an active part in the Senior Management Team for Imaging, attending SMT meetings and leading the MRI department to support growth. Close working relationship with other superintendents to support the Imaging service as a whole
- Assist with scanner bookings & schedules to ensure correct bookings and optimum capacity available, manage opening times of the scanners in line with service requirements and in liaison with imaging management
- Manage the training of radiographers in the use of the MRI scanners and maintain training within an up-to-date competency framework
- Chair meetings for the MRI Non-Ionising Radiation User Group, and report into the Local
- Radiation Protection Committee to ensure department is compliant with relevant legislation
- Liaise with service engineers and bookings team in response to any equipment faults as well as routine servicing, coordinating possible contingency arrangements as part of business continuity.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures within the radiology department and ensuring all staff work within these guidelines.
- HCPC registration
- Degree in Diagnostic Radiography (or equivalent)
- Extensive experience in MRI scanning with Cardiac MRI competency highly desirable
- Knowledge of processes and procedures in radiography
- Desirable: Prior experience at the same level or experience in managing a team
If you are interested in the above role please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.