The Support/Care Worker will work as part of a team to be responsible for the support of an allocated caseload of residents with complex and challenging needs, lending support guidance and assistance where and when necessary to promote their independence and enable them to develop within the service.
- To review and constantly update the personal care plan in line with agreed objectives.
- Contribute with the staff & team to the development and maintenance of a rehabilitative, supportive environment for a group of people with often complex brain injury coupled with challenging behaviour.
- Contribute to a system that enables and empowers each resident to contribute to the service and that promotes his/her capacity to independence.
- Undertake domestic/household duties as required, ensuring the physical environment is maintained to the highest standard.
Skills and Experience
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care with at least 6 months experience working as a Support / Care Worker
- Medication Trained
- All mandatory training up to date
- A good understanding of Mental Health / Learning Disabilities / Challenging behaviour issues and how they affect the client group
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and demonstrate an understanding of sensitive and complex issues
- Able to motivate, support and advocate for Service Users
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Wendy Wilders at JS3 Recruitment on 0161 212 7311
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.