Our client is actively inviting experienced Surgical Care Practitioners to apply, they are one of the World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Their exceptional care across our six world-class hospitals, clinics, outpatient and diagnostics centres, and NHS partnerships. They believe that all their patients and employees should have access to the latest state-of-the art technology,
The Surgical Care Practitioner will be required to support Robotic surgery within the department. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a growing new venture.
Working alongside an elective consultant, you will support surgeons before, during, and after surgical procedures and co-ordinate the planning and management of the care of the patients from the point of referral to discharge and follow up.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To maintain competence and fitness to practice as a Surgical Care Practitioner.
- To continue developing as a SCP in practice as part of continued professional development, in accordance with the requirements of statutory regulators (HCPC / NMC)
- You will have clinical responsibility to the consultant surgeon, with day-to-day work under the direction of the operating surgeon and as a member of the surgical care team.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Surgical Care Practitioner (SCP) experienced in Robotics.
- Registration as a healthcare professional (e.g. nurse or ODP) with a related honours degree
- Scrub experience working in an operating theatre environment is essential
- 18 months working within a similar autonomous role is desirable
- An aptitude for clinical and operative practice
- Excellent organisational and management skills with the ability to flexibly respond to the needs of the department and the hospital
- The ability to effectively manage the clinical area on a day to day basis and plan ahead
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.