As the Ward Manager within our clients Surgical Ward, you will need to have confidence in leading the 20- bedded unit, it’s patients and the staff within. You will be accountable for the standards of clinical care given to our service users as well educating, mentoring and motivating your workforce to continue striving to give the very best care possible. You will need to work closely with senior management to ensure we are maintaining the highest of standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and co-ordinate systems and processes which support delivery of the clinical governance agenda
- To lead and continuously develop an enthusiastic team focused on working together to achieve strategic goal
- Establish excellent standards of individual patient care.
- Delegate and prioritise work appropriately.
- Actively support agreed developments within the Hospital and the Organisation
- Encourage an environment and culture that promotes harmonious working relationships and values the individual contribution.
- Participate in the planning of off duty rotas considering skill mix, patient dependency, and key performance indicators
Skills & Experience:
- Hold a BSc (or equivalent) in Nursing and hold a current UK NMC registration
- Have a portfolio of relevant CPD
- Expertise in the field of General Surgery/Orthopaedics
- Ability to lead a team through changes in custom and practice
- Mentorship qualification
- Leadership skills
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen
Should you know anyone who may interested in this, or any of our other vacancies, we offer a referral scheme. Please click on Referrals at the top of this page for more information.